- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 mushrooms, sliced
- 240g can lentils, drained & rinsed
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup vegan beef stock
- 250g pasta
- Salt & pepper
- Handful parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp savoury yeast
- Sauté onion in olive oil on medium heat until translucent.
- Add mushrooms & carrot, sauté for 3 mins then add garlic.
- Add lentils then after 3 mins add tomatoes & stock & turn up the heat.
- Cook for about 10 mins until the sauce thickens. Stir to avoid sauce sticking to the pan.
- Cook pasta in lightly salted boiling water for 8-10 mins or until al dente then drain.
- Once the sauce has thickened, season to taste & garnish with parsley. Serve on the pasta & sprinkle savoury yeast on top.
Recipe by Veganeasy.org
Recipe cards available free in store!