Tofu & vegetable laksa
- 2 cups of water
- 1 Massel vegetable or chicken flavoured stock cube
- 1.5 Tbsp of vegan Laksa paste (this makes a mild Laksa so increase the amount to taste using small increments as the paste is quite hot)
- 400ml can of coconut milk
- 100g packet of dried bean vermicelli (readily available in the Asian food section of supermarkets)
- Half a packet of fried tofu puffs (from Asian grocery stores)
- Bean sprouts
- Mixed vegetables (we like baby corn, snow peas, mushrooms and broccoli in ours)
- Fresh coriander and chilli
- Soak bean vermicelli in cold water for 15 minutes while preparing laksa.
- Put water in large saucepan, add stock cube, stir to dissolve and bring to the boil.
- Add Laksa paste and coconut milk, stir and bring to the boil.
- Add vegetables and tofu puffs to the pan and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain vermicelli and put half in the bottom of two large soup bowls.
- Cover with a hand-full of bean sprouts
Recipe cards available free in store!
- Tags: Meals