Cheesey polenta chips
Recipe by David Nightingale | Serves 2
- 1 cup coarse polenta
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp garlic paste (optional)
- 1 tsp salt (or more to taste)
- ½ cup tasty or cheddar cheese, grated
- Oil for baking
- Put vegetable stock & water in a pot, add polenta, salt & garlic paste. Slowly bring to the boil, whisking continually. When it thickens, add the cheese & mix thoroughly.
- Line a bread tin with baking paper & pour the mix in, tapping the tin to even the mixture out.
- Cool in the fridge for 4 hrs, then carefully tap the firm mix out onto a chopping block.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- With a sharp knife, cut the polenta into large chips or wedges. Line a flat baking tray with baking paper. Place the chips on the tray & brush with oil on all sides.
- Garnish with salt & optional herbs like rosemary or thyme & bake for 15 mins, then flip and bake for another 10 mins or until crispy. Serve with hot sauce or tomato sauce.
Recipe cards available free in store!