Vegan Caramel Fudge
- 3 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy milk
- 1⁄2 cup vegan sweetened condensed milk
- 130g vegan butter or margarine
1⁄8 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs golden syrup
1. Generously grease a 20x20cm baking tin
2. Put sugar and milk into a saucepan and heat gently over a low heat, stirring constantly until sugar dissolves
3. Add condensed milk, butter, salt and golden syrup. Stir until butter has melted
4. Bring to the boil and continue boiling, stirring constantly, until it reaches ‘soft ball’ stage ie when you drop a little of the mix in a bowl of cold water it will form a soft ball (or reaches 115C on a candy thermometer)
5. Remove from heat and cool slightly. Using a hand electric mixer, beat until thick
6. Pour into the buttered tin, mark into squares and refrigerate until cold
7. Cut into pieces and devour!
Recipe cards available free in store!
- Tags: Desserts