Melbourne, we're hiring!
Vegan Grocery Store Melbourne Shop Manager
About the role
We are seeking an innovative, motivated and organised Manager for our Melbourne Vegan Grocery Store. Your focus will be on the day-to-day functioning of the shop, ensuring efficiency, customer satisfaction, and managing a small team. You will also be focused on growing the business by creating events, merchandising and providing exceptional customer service.
The role will involve the following responsibilities. In your covering letter, please address these in turn, indicating what skills and/or experience you would bring to each.
a. Business growth
- Initiating, organising and managing events
- In-store merchandising
- Engaging with local businesses, vegan/animal rights groups and animal sanctuaries to facilitate collaborations, pop-ups etc
- Community engagement to ensure identification of potential new suppliers, with a view to supporting local makers and start-ups
b. Customer service
- Ensuring every customer has an exceptional experience in store and in all other communications
- Initiating in-store activities to improve customer experience
c. Stock management
- Includes purchasing, stocktakes, admin, supplier relationships
d. Managing a small team
- Enabling a safe, friendly and caring workplace
- Rostering, assigning daily tasks, training and recruiting when needed
e. Other tasks as required
- As this is a small team, you will often be working alone and will be required to perform any necessary daily tasks. These tasks may include: unpacking deliveries, running reports, cash handling, cleaning and any other tasks as required to ensure the smooth running of the business.
As the successful candidate you will have experience in retail or event management or similar environments where creativity and attention to detail go hand in hand.
You will be an organised person, who is able to self manage and set and prioritise tasks for yourself and others. You will have a thorough understanding of the vegan lifestyle and principles and have some knowledge of vegan brands and trends.
Most importantly you will be a people person who enjoys interacting with others and has a positive can-do attitude. You will have enthusiasm to further the vegan cause and have ideas about how to do that within a business framework.
- This role will allow you to build on or develop your leadership skills, event management skills, and learn more about the specific workings of a retail business.
- You can exercise a high degree of autonomy and responsibility.
- The vegan market sector is rapidly growing and this role will provide career development opportunities within this industry.
- You will be part of a committed vegan workplace and have the opportunity to contribute to the positive perception and growth of veganism in Australia.
- Staff discount
Employer: Cruelty Free Wholesale Pty Ltd, trading as “Vegan Grocery Store”
Work Type: Full-time
Award classification: General Retail Industry Award 2010 (MA000004)
Remuneration level: Retail employee level 6
Location: 124 Johnston St, Fitzroy VIC 3065
Start date: ASAP
Should be emailed to email@example.com with your resume and a cover letter addressing points A to E above by 6pm Friday 10 September.
- Jessica Bailey